Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Op-Ed in Williams Record

The issue of abortion has presented a stumbling block for many Catholics to giving their support to John Kerry in the upcoming presidential election. Even those who harbor little sympathy for our current president find themselves reluctant to vote for a candidate with such a poor record on abortion and other life issues. Kerry’s “personally opposed” defense has by now become a tired cliché of pro-choice Catholic politicians who try to have their cake and eat it too. In response to a question at the third presidential debate, he articulated his position as follows:

“I believe that I can’t legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith. What is an article of faith for me is not something that I can legislate on somebody who doesn’t share that article of faith.”
Continue reading Keeping the Faith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home