Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm getting too old for this sort of thing

As you can see from the picture at the left, the academic rigor of Winter Study has been taking its toll, causing me to grow old before my time. But wait- what academic rigor, you ask? Clearly some other sinister force must be responsible for this terrifying acceleration of the aging process. Indeed, the true culprit is the Perception Laboratory's Face Transformer, where by uploading a digital image of your face you can vary your appearance according to age, ethnicity, and various other parameters. Truly the wonders of modern technology never cease to terrify and amaze. Link via fellow St. Blog's Parish site Dappled Things.

In other news, Winter Study '05 (though neither Winter, when the temperature reaches 50 degrees, nor Study, if I can help it) is going well. I'm actually keeping fairly busy writing a string quartet for my music composition 99, but of course taking the occasional evening off to watch a movie rented from Netflix or to pursue my agenda of introducing Napoleon Dynamite to all those who have not yet seen it. This weekend I'm off to Denver for the FOCUS National Conference, which should be fun, you can probably expect a report on that when I return.

And finally, a brief shout-out to friends now studying abroad- Surekha working in Calcutta with the Missionaries of Charity for Winter Study, and Hue studying in Madrid for the Spring semester. I would much appreciate if those of my readers who are so inclined would remember them in their prayers.

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home