Thursday, March 10, 2005

Procrastinate at your own risk

Re: the comments to my previous post, let me first make it clear that seosamh.blogspot.com is not intended as a means of or aid to procrastination, nor does the author assume any responsibility for any injuries, academic or otherwise, incurred during or as a result of said misuse of his weblog.

That being said, it appears that certain readers (and I use the plural lightly, insofar as I have serious doubts regarding the authenticity of the second comment) feel that I have been insufficiently diligent in keeping seosamh.blogspot.com freshly updated with new and interesting material. Now, I suspect that were I to check the frequency of posts on Emily's Livejournal, I might find that she has not been setting an example in this regard either- and for that matter, I haven't seen much new material lately from Haydn, though I understand he used to be quite the prolific composer back in the day and would probably have something to say about my own meager compositional output if he were around now. Though I'm only 104 symphonies and 67 3/4 string quartets behind him, which I don't think is too bad given his 252-year head start.

But I'm not the sort of person that would mention any of that, or attempt to hide my own failings by calling attention to the shortcomings of others. I'm not even going to point out that it's midterm season and I've been busy with schoolwork, rehearsals, and the like to the detriment of my weblogging. No, I shall not sink to such pitiful excuses. The people have voiced their discontent, and seosamh.blogspot.com must answer. And will answer. Eventually.

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

praeteritio like whoa!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, that last comment was Haydn, btw

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Seosamh said...

Haydn, you're a man who knows his rhetorical devices- a rare quality in these dark times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home