Friday, April 29, 2005

Quid sit futurum cras

Just a reminder to my readers on campus that the Elizabethans will be performing tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon at 3:00pm in Brooks-Rogers. You are highly encouraged to come if you like any of the following:

Music from the thirteenth century
Music from the twentieth century
Music from after the thirteenth century but before the twentieth century
Costumes from the Renaissance
Bad puns
Worse puns
Other

In other news, just when I thought I had my schedule for next year all figured out, I've decided I'm not going to do a music thesis after all. I've enjoyed taking composition classes here, but I don't have the kind of ambition or aesthetic consciousness (to say nothing of free time!) that would justify to the music faculty- or, for that matter, to myself- undertaking a project of such magnitude. I will likely still take a semester of composition next year, pending discussion, but this will open up space for another class or two, possibly a refresher in Latin or Prof. Porter's highly-recommended "Greek and Roman Drama". An unexpected change, to be sure, but I think a fortunate one.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this (no music thesis) mean you're not double-majoring anymore?

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Seosamh said...

Still double-majoring, neither major is dependent on a thesis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home