Monday, March 14, 2005

Restate My Assumptions

12:45, restate my assumptions:
  1. Mathematics is the language of nature.
  2. Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
  3. If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge.
Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature. Evidence: the cycling of disease epidemics, the wax and wane of caribou populations, sunspot patterns, the rise & fall of the Nile. So what about the stock market? The universe of numbers that represent the global economy. Millions of human hands at work, billions of minds...a vast network, screaming with life: an organism. A natural organism. My hypothesis: within the stock market there is a pattern as well. Right in front of me, hiding behind the numbers. Always has been.

12:50, press return.

http://www.pithemovie.com

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I get it.... 3/14 at 1:59

...but only because someone sent me a "happy pi day" greeting.

I'm too slow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home