Sunday, May 08, 2005

Oh, and...

my 21.005479...th birthday party last night was a blast, even though nobody wanted to take me on in Jenga. Probably because of my reckless tactics which tend to intimidate opponents... I can't really explain my fascination with Jenga, seeing as I'm normally given to caution and careful deliberation, whereas put a Jenga tower in front of me and I go straight for the most difficult and structurally significant blocks, trying to bring the tower to the brink of collapse and hoping that I won't be the one to actually bring it down. This is incomprehensible to the people who think Jenga is meant to be a game of teamwork and cooperation, which is probably why I ended up playing solo. We did, however, have an excellent game of Scrabble:
    "Look, I can spell "tough" phonetically: T-U-F."
    "You can also spell it with your O, G, and H."
    "Oh."

    "Fin? Isn't that French?"
And that, my friends, is a Williams education in action.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my, we're chatty, mr. one and twenty.

that reminds me, did I tell you that a friend who also turns 20 this year told me that now we'll be able to say (à la Elizabeth Bennett) "I am not yet one and twenty" for twelve months?!

very exciting news

 

Post a Comment

<< Home